I just saw this on my friend Jill's blog. The instructions are simple: name six things that make you happy. Since one of my goals for 2009 is to be a more positive person, I thought this was a nice way to restart the Williams family blog.
1. My son and husband-- Okay, this is technically two things, so maybe we can just say family makes me happy. What kind of a mom would I be if I didn't say Gavin made me happy? The way he dances to music, how he hugs me when he's trying to fall asleep, the naughty grin he gives when I tell him no, how he yells "kiee" when he sees a cat, his fuzzy morning hair--it's all awesome.
My husband buys me Pepsi even when he knows I shouldn't have it, goes to get me coffee on weekend mornings, drives us everywhere, stops at the grocery store after a long day at work, shares his candy with me because I finished mine the first day I bought it, supports us, and is all around amazing. Lucky me!
2. Tasty food-- I love food. Some of the foods that make me happiest are my grandma's pumpkin pie and chicken and noodles, Grandpa's sausage gravy, Mom's scones, my husband's pretzel chicken, my mother-in-law's Sunday roast dinner, tomatoes and sweet corn from the garden, mashed potatoes, a flour taco from Tasty Tacos, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, George's pizza, Centro cobb salad, Gateway Market cranberry walnut salad, fried cheese from Jethro's, and oh so many more things. Mm. I'm hungry now.
3. Book recommendations from and discussing books with friends-- Books make me very happy. One of the selling points of the house we live in was the built-in book case. Just being in a book store or library gives me a feeling of inner happiness that wells up into my chest. When a friend suggests a book, I love to read it and give my own opinion. The most recent recommendation was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It was awesome. Thanks, Jill! And, Brian, I will read An Abundance of Katherines very soon.
4. Fridays-- Okay, so I stay at home. What is there to love about Fridays now? Well, I know my husband will be home around 2 in the afternoon, and we will enjoy the weekend together. Fridays often mean dinner out, too. That is never a bad thing.
5. The instant gratification of the Internet-- A song you're dying to hear? The name of the actor in that movie you just saw? Movie times? A new sweater? The latest episode of LOST that you need to re watch? All of these things can be found easily on the Internet. When I wanted to know how they convinced kids it was okay that Blue's Clues was now hosted by Joe instead of Steve, all I had to do was Google it. This pressing question would have lingered in my brain until who knows how long without the Internet.
6. Coffee at Third Church with my mom and sister-- This is a Wednesday morning tradition I participate in whenever I can. Coffee is one of my favorite things, and adding my two favorite ladies makes it even better.
spaghetti aglio e olio
15 hours ago
1 comment:
Ooh, I also want to read AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES! I loved LOOKING FOR ALASKA!
Post a Comment